This is an accumulation of several days. So much going on that I haven't been able to take the time to sit down & narrate it all - so here goes -
Saturday was a wonderful day. I spent the a large part of the day in a Beginning Appalachian Hoodoo workshop with a terrific teacher - Byron Ballard. It was so much fun & so full of information. I sorta figured out I might have an innate ability at this - or at least a very creative mind! I can't wait to learn more & try new ways of putting things together to create an intent. Looking forward to finding that hillbilly deep within me!
After I finished the workshop, I went and got my first tattoo! Was sorta dreading it but was also very ready for it. And I am so glad I did it. I followed through on something - didn't chicken out - didn't 'fake' it - didn't wave it off. I did it! And I am very proud of myself & very pleased with the end result. And I am already planning the next one!
Then Sunday, I went to temple for devotions. It was wonderful. Susie brought a devotional about Brigit & it was great. I loved the community feeling & fellowship that was there. Am looking forward to attending more. The new & larger space that Mother Grove now occupies is really nice. So much less cramped.
Then Angela & I went to Charlotte for a product launch party for mom bloggers. It was loads of fun! Angela & I had a great time on the drive just getting to know each other better. We discovered that we think a lot a like - not sure that's a good thing but it was fun. The product we saw was a new, natural snack food by Apure Foods, a division of Hershey's. It is all natural & made with a cocoa powder base. I was very skeptical, 'cause healthy food usually tastes pretty blah, but this stuff was really good. It is called Eat. Think. Smile and is carried at Lowe's Foods right now but will be in other markets soon. The combination of cocoa powder & fruits & natural grains is really tasty. I had a hard time putting the samples down. It was nice to find something out there that will satisfy the chocolate craving & make me feel less guilty for eating it.
Anyway, I will try to do better with my blogging. I really want to make this a daily thing - a journal of my thoughts, events & feelings. I am seeing the need to write stuff down before I forget it - if just for me to remember that I did it or felt it or was touched by it later.
TTFN - on the flip side -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment