This winter has provided ample time for musing on different things. Too many home bound snow days already! So here goes -
1. I love to look at winter trees. Their bare limbs reaching for the sky & the sun are beautiful. Without their covering of leaves they show their real character to those who care enough to notice. Each has a slight difference from the one next to it - some differences are very obvious - others take a minute to see. It makes me realize that without my facade of correctness & propriety I am also a very unique & special person. I am different from the one next to me & no one can be like me. I need to learn to celebrate my differences & not hide in conformity. And I need to see the uniqueness of those standing next to me & help them celebrate the treasure they are.
2. I am surrounded by mountains here in western NC. These mountains give me such a sense of protection & security & home. Watching them in the changing seasons is a wonderful thing. Fall & winter are the most fun seasons for me. As the trees lose their coverings, you begin to discover aspects of the mountains that are hidden during the spring & summer. You see houses that you didn't know were there - roads that wind up & down & around - hidden clearings amongst the trees & deep coves between the ridges. It's like a treasure hunt! And when it snows & those mountains are covered in a soft white blanket that really delineates all the clearings & roads & coves it is a spectacular thing to see!
3. This winter is proving to be one of introspection for me. I guess the winter before my 50th birthday should be. I am figuring more about myself & realizing that some of my treasures are ready to be shared. I am realizing that my differences are a cause for celebration, even if they make some feel uncomfortable. I am finding my voice again & I am glad. I have been silent too long & need to speak out, even if it's just to a few friends or my cats. I need to speak for as I speak I clarify; as I speak I testify; as I speak I help; as I speak I educate; as I speak I blossom. I am ready to blossom!
Goddess, grant me the courage to speak!

AWEN!!!!!
ReplyDelete