Saturday, October 23, 2010

Life Goes On -

My mom transitioned from this earth to Summerlands about 4 weeks ago. I survived the Christian services quite well, and have been dealing with her passing with grace, thanks to the Goddess. Since her passing I have realized that many walls that I had kept up to please her have fallen by the wayside. Many mind sets have crumbled now that I don't have to worry about her approval of me. It has been a freeing event in my life & I wasn't expecting that at all. Mom's passing has also helped decide to get a stronger foundation in my beliefs and to cement my path. I still have a bit of emotional fog and know that I still have things that will come up that will have to be dealt with, but I also have found a new strength to get on with life. 

Then this past weekend, I received a call from my estranged husband (at least on my side) notifying me that his dad had passed early that morning. More emotions to deal with, but fortunately not on the same scale as my mom's passing. But Sunday I had to go down to Greenville & accompany my MIL to the funeral home to make the final arrangements. I also had to identify the body for cremation purposes. Stressful is a mild word to describe that afternoon. My husband couldn't do it because he had a side job to do and didn't want to put it off cause it would inconvenience the property owner. I said that the owner would understand the situation but no, I had to take his place. Fortunately no service, only cremation & then burial at sea by the Navy. But I was drawing heavily on my reserves. 

And of course, in the middle of all this, I am moving. Found a great little house on about an acre, with a pond, for less than we are paying in rent now. We are going to be completely in by the 30th. So looking forward to the new place - cleaner, better, cheaper - and ducks on the pond! Totally awesome!

Anyway, major stressers hitting all it once it seems - but silver linings have appeared & continue to show up, so it's not all bad. I was able to reconnect with one of my best friends from Second Church at Mom's funeral & found out that we have a lot more in common now then we did then! She is getting her 3rd degree in a pagan tradition - which blew my mind; she is transgender (without the operation) & married to a great woman who is also a 3rd degree pagan. I am so thrilled to have this opportunity to reconnect with someone that can help guide me in many changing areas of my life. 

Anyway, I am going to try & be more consistent with this - just so I can get a chance to see how I change now that Mom has passed & I am not having to hide behind all those proper walls anymore - walls that I really never realized were there.  So who knows where this will end up - 

Thanks for reading - 


 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how great a guide I will be, but I am glad we have found each other again! I valued our friendship and reconnecting is a wonderful thing! Looking forward to many good talks, comments and sharing about our past and present! Good fortune to your journey!

    ReplyDelete