Monday, November 15, 2010

Odds & Ends

Just so many little things from this weekend -

1. The kitties went outside for the first time - and it was a hoot watching them try to figure out grass & leaves & birds & rocks, They figured out how to crawl under the deck & when I would call them their heads would pop out from different places - usually covered in spider webs. I left the door open Saturday afternoon so they could run in if they got nervous & BJ (the little female) would come in every once in awhile & check in with me. She would find me, meow a bit, then back outside she would run. On Sunday, I left the door open again and while sitting at the computer, I looked up and one of the neighbor cats was slowly making his way in the door to check us out. I asked him to skedaddle & then checked on the babies. They finally crawled out from under the sidewalk! After that, they were content to stay in for the rest of the day.

2. Managed to do a lot of sleeping, which I know I needed. Had many dreams of many things - past times mainly. Not in this lifetime past but past lives past. I specifically requested those types of dreams from the Goddess & lit a tea candle each night in my amethyst candle holder to help them come. They were very interesting & very detailed & very vivid. I knew that I had been there & I woke up each time feeling a little bit more complete - like a piece of the puzzle had been put in place. I know a bit more about me & why I am the way I am - and I am enjoying discovering what I can. I am definitely understanding that this life is not all there is or ever will be - I have had wonderful & varied lives before & will after -  they weren't always easy & pain free, but they were good & fulfilling. I was strong & a fighter in many of them - a healer & a seer too. So much more to learn -

3. Shelby will be here the day before Thanksgiving! I will have a whole day with her at home & then Thanksgiving with her & the rest of the family! I am so excited to see her & spend more time with her. I think I really need that right now. It seems weird to have to give her directions 'home' but this will be her first time seeing the new place - I know she will love it. I told her to make sure she brings her camera this time!

4. Another wonderful conversation with the 'ex'. I know it's not legal or anything, but in my mind we are not married - we are not together - and haven't been for years. He doesn't seem to understand that. He calls me at least once a day, usually more, and if I am not happy to hear from him he starts pouting. I finally told him that I really don't need to talk to him that much. All the years we lived together under the same roof, he was never 'present' to talk with me when I needed to - he was always busy doing something or just couldn't bother to really sit down & listen. And the few times he did, he refused to really hear & understand what I was saying - my feelings were of no consequence because that is not how he felt or saw things - my needs were ridiculous because he was providing for the family - my job was not as hard as his because all I did was sit at a desk - etc. So now I told him that I am tired of talking about anything but what is absolutely necessary for the girls, etc. So we'll see -

Anyway - just a basic weekend -

1 comment:

  1. Good boundary setting with the ex...stick to your guns! And have Shelby get pictures with the kittens!!!

    ReplyDelete