Just had some different stuff floating through my mind for the last few days - so thought I would jot it down.
Sunday I was in Greenville SC visiting family, and while driving around was, well, not surprised, but taken aback, by the number of churches that had canceled Sunday night services for the Super Bowl - or were having Super Bowl parties. This was one of the things that always bugged me when I was 'churched'. I was taught that church was not controlled by this world and was focused on the spiritual. That is was to be 'led by the Spirit' not man. So I guess the Spirit wanted to watch the Super Bowl? Just saying -
Then Sunday afternoon got the text that my daughter's school was on a 2 hour delay for Monday. No precipitation in the forecast, just cold after warm day. Why the 2 hour delay? And how come they can make the decision for a non-precipitating delay a day ahead of time, but when it is actually doing something weather wise, they wait til 2 hours before school starts to let us know? Just a little screwy in MHO -
Saw my mother on Sunday - really hard to see her now. She is very weak and obviously had moments when she didn't know who we were or why we were there. Her eyes are so blank now when they used to be so full of life, intelligence and love. It was really hard to sit there, watching her and try to act normal. I knew that whatever I was saying she wasn't getting and wouldn't remember. Though I know that I will probably lose her this year, I know in my heart that I have been slowly losing her during the past few years! Physically she is present, but mentally, she is gone. Alzheimer's is a horrible disease - it robs families of so much!
Just realized while sitting here that I hadn't changed my calendar to February! Oh, well - that's life.
One more thing on my mind - I am so thankful for the friends I have made through Twitter. They make me laugh, keep me engaged, encourage me, and cry with me. I am enjoying them more & more every day - and I can't wait to meet some of them at Beltane Brouhaha! I am so happy for that little bird -
Thanks for reading -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment